Why do you need flat roof coating?
What is flat roof coating? More businesses and property owners are choosing to go with a flat roof coating when their building needs a new roof. A roof coating provides a protective layer to an existing roof. The cost of a coating versus the cost of a new roof is a great money-saving facet.
This flat roof coating process extends the life of the existing roof and with a reflective type coating, it becomes an energy saver too. This creates an environmentally friendly structure that reduces the carbon footprint. This flat roof coating technique has grown in popularity because it contracts and expands with the weather changes and doesn’t leave the roof unprotected.
What is the best coating for a flat roof?
The flat roof coating market has taken a surge in using silicone because of the large range of benefits it provides. This is a flat roof coating that is all about long term performance, between ten and fifteen years with routine maintenance. This is the number one concern for any commercial building owner and their budgets.
Other benefits of a silicone flat roof coating are:
- Withstands ponding water because it is not water based and doesn’t absorb water.
- Doesn’t chalk or shed like other flat roof coating materials
- No reinforcement is necessary, a money saving feature
- Less product required than other flat roof coating materials
With aesthetic appeal, silicone flat roof coating provides leak-free protection while contributing to the improvement of sustainability and reducing carbon footprint of your business.
How often should a flat roof be coated?
Commercial flat roofs frequently have layers of asphalt or coal tar with roofing felt. These types of flat roofs should be recoated between every two to four years maximum with the exception of flat roof coating that has been covered with gravel or other type of rock.
Does roof coating stop leaks?
Yes, a silicone flat roof coating will seal up and stop existing roof leaks and there is no need to locate and identify each leak. A roofing contractor that knows How to apply flat roof coating can cover the entire roof which will protect the entire roof while stopping leaks.
What is elastomeric roof coating?
Elastomeric coating is a liquid coating that’s applied to flat or low-slope roofs made of concrete, membranous, and metal. It is applied with brushes and rollers like paint, but have benefits that paint doesn’t:
- A Longer Flat Roof Life
- Elastomeric flat roof coating is seamless layer the entire roof system of a building. This a lifetime protection from pollutants, saline air, and UV rays. A single application of elastomeric flat roof coating can extend a roof’s lifespan by 20 years or longer.
- Energy Efficient
- Urban heat island is a serious issue today and is caused by absorbing heat from the UV rays. The white color of elastomeric flat roof coating is effective in reflecting sunlight and the solar heat, which keeps the interior of your home cooler too.
- Protection from the Elements
- Elastomeric flat roof coating is strong against high winds and severe thunderstorms because it can’t be ripped at the seams since it is a solid coating. When the right thickness is applied, it becomes an additional protection to the building and the contents.
- Easy Maintenance and Repair
- Elastomeric flat roof coating can be repaired by reapplying where there is damage. No need to scrap or tear any old roofing off, which is also beneficial to sustainability. A small crew of 2 or 3 can complete the repair quickly.
Do elastomeric roof coatings work?
No two roofs are the same on residential or commercial properties. There are unique problems for roofs with asphalt shingles, concrete, or metal covering. An elastomeric flat roof coating can make these unique problems disappear and extend the life of the roof while lowering the energy bills.
Advantages of flat roof coatings
Yes, when applied by a professional roofing contractor with experience in apply an elastomeric flat roof coating. The rubber-like properties of elastomeric contracts and expands with the original roofing surface and temperature. This minimizes any chance of leaks because there are no seams to split open.
A commercial structure is a lot of responsibility, mentally and financially. With a proper flat roof coating, the problems of the roof are minimized. This gives you more time, and money, to spend your time with things that are more important, like running the business.
It is worth the time to consult with your property owner’s insurance on any possible discount on premiums and with local government on any possible energy credits for easing your part of the urban island head. Call 918-280-9661 today for your roof coating in Tulsa, OK.